- B.A., art history, University of Victoria
- M.A., art history, University of Victoria
- Ph.D., art history, McGill University
Awards, recognition and honors
Creator of lecture series, Voyage Into Myth and Modernism in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries," Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 2003.
College Art Association
Acting director/curator, McMaster University Art Museum; research associate, Canadian Centre for Architecture, Montreal; assistant curator, The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria; curator, Gallery III, School of Art, University of Manitoba; curator, Center Eye Photography Gallery, Calgary, Alberta
Publications and presentations
- "Dissensus as Social Contract in the Art of Ken Lum," Esse, arts and opinions, (Spring/Summer) 2013, 52-57.
- “Danya Ahmed: The Palm Collection,” Art Papers, (September/October), 2012, 46-47.
- “Mona Hatoum at the Rennie Collection,” Art Papers (May/June), 2010. 40.
- “Elegiac Documents: The Presidents' Favorite Paintings, 'Slipper Tongue' and 'Hope,' Pinned Down by Jonathan Field,” Art Papers (March/April), 2009, 38-43.
- “Reinhard Reitzenstein and Simon Frank: ‘LANDeSCAPES,’” McMaster Museum of Art exhibition catalogue, 2005, 32 pages, 2005.
- "Imperialist Intent-- Lord Strathcona's Art Collection in Nineteenth-Century Montreal," Bill Marshall, ed., University of Glasgow French and German Publications, Glasgow, Scotland, 2005, 105-116.
- Review of Claire Bishop's Installation Art: A Critical History, Parachute, a contemporary art journal, No. 123 (June 2006), 129.
- “Yechel Gagnon, ‘Palimpsest,’ exhibition catalogue,” McMaster Museum of Art, Hamilton, Ontario, 2004, 10-21. Collected by the archive project of Grunt Gallery, Vancouver, 2012.
- “Beyond Irony: The Politics of Aesthetics in the Art of Ken Lum,” The Art and Politics of Irony conference, Institute for the Public Life of Art and Ideas, McGill University, Montreal, April 12-14, 2012
- “Dissensus as Social Contract in the Art of Ken Lum,” WORD IMAGE/IMAGEWORD Conference, The School of Visual Arts, New York, Oct. 17-19