CLC project types
CLC partners with the world’s best companies to participate with SCAD students on a variety of projects. SCAD students recently worked with The Limited to design jewelry that was taken to market; with Snap-on to design concepts for portable lighting projects; and with Whole Foods to design and paint a mural on a new store.
Other recent CLC projects include Hewlett-Packard, Fisher-Price, Liberty Mutual and Microsoft.
Following is a short list of projects in which SCAD's talented faculty and students were involved.
Barnes & Noble, Showtime Networks, Henri Bendel, Hobie Cat, Kids II, Coca-Cola, Adriana Hoyos, Procter & Gamble, Lennar, Walker Books, Vanity Fair, Asia Game Show 2009, Carter Barnes, Jeffrey Kalinsky, Natuzzi Italy, Lectra Solutions and VTech
Cambodia, England and Italy
Distinguished visiting faculty
Carrie Mae Weems and Alfredo Jaar
Wayne State University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Georgia Tech
America's Second Harvest, American Craft Council and Habitat for Humanity
SCAD has worked with communities throughout the world to complete nearly 100 historic preservation and adaptive reuse projects. Many of these have won awards for excellence. For example:
- SCAD architecture students exhibit proposals at the Charleston Civic Design Center
- SCAD receives top preservation awards from Historic Savannah Foundation
- Restored Kennedy Pharmacy unveiled
- SCAD kicks off historic revitalization of North Kowloon Magistracy Building with Heritage Commencement Ceremony
- SCAD recipient of $1 million grant to SCAD’s Lacoste location
- SCAD students take shot at Fort Pulaski project
SCAD has also collaborated with a number of organizations through national and international competitions.
- SCAD students finalists in MTV contest to create an online tool to address spread of digital abuse
- Police department press conference with SCAD student
- SCAD student wins annual ING Georgia Marathon and Half Marathon Poster Design Contest
- SCAD graduate named winner of 2010 Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf poster design contest
- SCAD eLearning student wins national Kimberly-Clark contest
- SCAD film student named first winner of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" intern contest
- SCAD foundation studies student wins Chartpak national competition
- SCAD students sweep Sustainable Fellwood logo design competition
- SCAD student makes front page of The New York Times